Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

As an ode to the mother/wife the girls and I love and appreciate so much, I endeavored to make cards/videos proclaiming our love for Laurin. The results were somewhat less that my lofty expectations, but the process was fun to be a part of/document. What the girls meant to say in the video was how much the love their mom and how wonderful their lives are thanks to her. I think in the short video we hear Riley say 'love you mama'. You have to be sharp to catch it, but it is there. The other video lets you into the fun of our lives as the girls attempt to sit across from eachother and create seperate drawings while holding half a bagel in their other hands. Anyway, I will also take this time to declare my love and appreciation for my mother who constantly puts up with me and my sense of humor (which is no easy task) and has been a great help to us over these crazy last two years. The girls send their love to their grandma as well. These videos are really for the superfans (sorry Mr. Chinese Spam Poster) as they arent too exciting but are great insights into the girl's daily interactions.




6 comments:

Bri said...

Happy Mother's Day Laurin -- you are a wonderful mother!! Those girls and Ryan are lucky to have you (and Ryan and your girls aren't so bad either) :)Love you!

Patti said...

Happy Mother's Day Laurin! I agree, you are a GREAT mother!

G.A.Sandy said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY LAURIN!! YES, RYAN AND THE GIRLS ARE VERY LUCKY....BUT SO ARE WE!!!

Love;
Aunt Sandy

Thanks for the sweet videos....little insight into the private life of Riley and Sanna.....

Kathy said...

To all the Mom's out there, have a happy day.Do I see lefties at work or is it the bagel interfering with the intracicies of eating and playing together.. Multitasking at its best. Nice tribute to the lovely women in your life nephew. You get an A along with the girls.

mariellen said...

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Laurin. You've done a wonderful job with those two young ladies. I thought it was so weet how Sanna returned her sister's paper when she heard Riley's voice sounded so sad. Ryan, thanks so much for the lovely words, they meant a lot.

G.A.Sandy said...

just noticed that Sanna switched bagels with Riley....
hmmmm. Going to be very interesting to watch these two develop their interactive skills....

Love;
Aunt Sandy

ok- you caught me, I watch these a whole lot of times....I enjoy them so much....